Re: hideNotes in tablature

From: James
Subject: Re: hideNotes in tablature
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 10:00:34 +0100

Hello,

On 15 April 2012 07:13, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
> Il 14/04/2012 21:09, James ha scritto:
>
>> Hello,

>> I'll verify that if no one else has. I am building a latest version at
>> the moment of 2.15.x
>>

> I've tested it now on latest version of lilypond/translation branch.
> It works fine.

Right so Issue 1459 is fixed?

>> However reading the tracker again just now, are the comments from this
>> morning a 'new' issue or an 'enhancement' if so, we need a new
>> tracker.
>>
>> Could Federico or Marc clarify please?
>>

> It's an enhancement, which has already been discussed before (see links I
> pasted in the tracker) but never recorded in the tracker.

You don't really make it easy for the bug squad - who are generally
non-technical people who have enough to do without having to pick
apart/read through long threads, threads I might add that have never
been reported to the bug list (or dev list - that was me).

Federico, it seems you have the ability (and knowledge) to create a
tracker yourself so I suggest that if issue 1459 is fixed you change
the label to fixed - someone else will verify -  and then create a new
tracker for the enhancement - whatever it is. Else whoever comes back
to the old tracker has to puzzle their way through and often this puts
people off (unless you yourself are going to work and create the
patch).

> If the change is accepted, the following snippet should be removed (I
> think):
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=633

Add this to the same (new?) Tracker as well.

We're desperately trying to make it as easy as possible for the bug
squad (and developers) to workout what a tracker is for and if/when it
is fixed and more importantly how to know what they are looking at.

I hope you understand.

james