Re: Adding Bar Line types

From: James
Subject: Re: Adding Bar Line types
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 23:14:28 +0100

Hello,

On 16 April 2012 15:58,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I would like to add a custom grob to my list of available bar lines. I am
> currently doing the following to create custom bar lines.
>
> %Define the new stencil
> repeatLeftStencil =
>  #(ly:make-stencil
>    `(path 0.5
>          `(rmoveto 0 -2
>            rlineto 0 4
>            rlineto 1 2
>            rmoveto -1 -6
>            rlineto 1 -2
>            ))
>     (cons -0.5 2)
>     (cons -4 4))
>
> %assign the stencil to a variable
> repeatLeft = { \once \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = \repeatLeftStencil }
>
> So then when I want to use the custom grob I just insert \repeatLeft
> before the \bar "|" and it overrides the default barline.
>
> What I would prefer to do would be to define the shorthand \bar "|\" (or
> something like that) to call my custom grob instead of having to override
> it each time I want to use it.
>
> Could anyone direct me to documentation on how I would go about adding my
> custom grob to the list of available barline types?

There is this

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=668

which uses a custom 'tear' barline by mucking about with the BarLine stencil

I have no experience on how to do this but you could do no worse that
start in the internals

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/internals/bar_005fengraver

for instance.

james