Re: Proper Understanding of Y-extent sought

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Proper Understanding of Y-extent sought
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 08:56:31 +0200

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Frank Steinmetzger <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 05:27:55PM +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> after the cue notes end, the font-size is wrong (it's too small).
>
> Hm?  The Solo part is supposed to be small.  This score contains only the
> tenor staff of the choir parts.  As such, the solo inserts shall only be a
> guide for the tenor’s entries.  After the solo, all size changes are reverted.

Sorry, the png gave me a wrong impression about font-size.  However,
there *is* something wrong - stem length is reverted wrongly (unless
you want them to be lengthy).  To have regular stem length you have to
use

        \override Stem #'length-fraction = #(magstep 0)

instead of 1.

> Indeed, that was very helpful, thanks a lot.

Glad i helped.

> I shall save this text in my own
> docs+notes folder for later reference.  In fact, I would like to propose
> adding this to the docs at some place, so others can find it, too.  I guess
> the best place would be NR Appendix A.15, Layout properties → Y-extent.

Please do.  An exact suggestion will be appreciated
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/documentation-suggestions);
i can't take care of this now.  If you could prepare a formal patch,
that would be even better! (but it's not required).

> PS.: “It's” is the short form of “it is”. ;-)

yeah, i occasionally do some funny misspellings because i'm not native
English speaker.

cheers,
Janek