Re: Footnote documentation error

From: James
Subject: Re: Footnote documentation error
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:40:55 +0100

Hello,

On 20 April 2012 00:40, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
> The documentation at
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/creating-footnotes for
> both automatic and manual footnotes says that the \footnote command must
> come *before* the grob to which the footnote is being attached. This doesn't
> seem to be the case. Here the \footnote commands are after the notes to
> which they are attached, and they work fine:

I think this was to do with David's additional work on Mike's a few
months ago when what he did changed the requirement from the original
footnote document in earlier versions of 2.15. We did re-write much of
the examples and obviously missed this.

Before I create a tracker, I'll wait for a confirmation from
David/Mike that this is technically correct.

James