Re: Flatten a tie without hardcoding control points?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Flatten a tie without hardcoding control points?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 14:51:48 +0800

At Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:31:20 -0500,
David Nalesnik wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:32 AM, James Harkins <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Maybe a simple question: Is there a way to flatten the curve of a tie
> that is as easy as
>     overriding "ratio" for slurs?
>
> You can override 'ratio for ties too:
>
>  \override Tie #'details #'ratio = #0.2
>
> Another possibility is to override 'height-limit:
>
> \override Tie #'details #'height-limit = #0.75

Ah, OK, I did see 'details but got lost in the huge pile of parameters :)
Either one of those should do it.

I'm still learning how to use the tweaking references. That is, on the
supercollider mailing lists, I'm often pointing people to specific parts of the
help, but I've used the help for a long time and I know where things are and
how to read them. With LP, I'm starting to navigate the manuals better but
still haven't developed the 6th sense for finding that one little nugget
quickly in the middle of a long text. It'll come.

Thanks!
hjh

^^ I notice a few other James-es here, so I think I'll start using my initials
here.

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
address@hidden