Re: Make Tie a Slur

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Make Tie a Slur
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 17:48:20 +0200

Am 22.04.2012 15:05, schrieb Nils:

> The end results are ties that look like slurs. And slurs should look
> like slurs as well :) The idea is a more curved version. When I asked
> the publisher for an example he told me the real slurs are perfectly
> fine.

Well it doesn't look exactly like a slur. But your publisher might be satisfied with the Tie ratio:

\relative c'' {
  c~ c
  c( c)
  \override Tie #'details #'ratio = #2
  c~c
}

This does not change the start and end position of the tie but it is more curved.

> He sees no distinction between a slur and a tie. For him it is
> only the context which decides if it is a slur or a tie. This is so
> wrong, but what can I do...

I heard this from several musicians that just read the score. They look at each note (or slur or tie ...) only for the fraction of a second.

Regards,
Helge