Re: Notation of french horn

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Notation of french horn
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:40:16 +0200

Hej, Jonas

There are two brass instruments
(french horns). I am was told that these staves should be written
without key an without accidentals at the notes.

I think what you have in mind is the convention of not writing out a
_key signature_ (Vorzeichen?), but using _accidentals_
(Versetzungszeichen?) instead.

I wasn't aware of the transposed notation. So I assumed it could be praxis to skip the # as key signature AND the accidentals. The instrument or the player would do it somehow in the right way. Since I have never touched such an instrument I don't know what is playing praxis.

Hej då,
Helge