print tie without note it ties to?

From: diekunstderfuge
Subject: print tie without note it ties to?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm transcribing/typesetting the music seen in the attached image. At the
end of the second system there are two notes (one in the RH staff, one in
the LH staff) which tie to notes not included in this excerpt. Is there a
way I can manually force LilyPond to display a tie without having to enter
the note to which it ties?

Incidentally, I also have a question about the time signatures/bar length.
Since the bar length obviously doesn't correspond to the time signature, and
the bar length is not the same between the RH and LH/Pedal staves, the
solution I have settled on is to use Polymetric Notation with Scale
Durations, set in Mensurstriche Layout for the barlines between the staves.
Does this sound like the right way to do this? How do I handle the two cases
where the barline extends down to the Pedal staff?

(BTW, the time signatures are, from the top, 39/8, 13/4, 13/4.)

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33739646/pk_kyrie.png