Re: quotation marks in lyricmode

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: quotation marks in lyricmode
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:12:47 +0200

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any hints possible on how to achieve quotation marks in lyrics? Preferrably
> the language specific (German) versions.

"ordinary" quotation marks should be preceded with backslashes and
included inside external quotation marks:

{ b }
\addlyrics {
  "\"quote\""
}

to have other quotation marks, simply take advantage of Unicode
encoding - unicode recognizes several different types of quotation
marks and treats them as different characters.  The only problem is to
get them, since pressing " key on the keyboard gives the " character,
not one of the other quotations.  I usually work around this by
pasting from a word processor or, for example, wikipedia
(http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anf%C3%BChrungszeichen):

{ b }
\addlyrics {
  „modal“
}

(i don't know if the e-mail won't distort the encoding, but when i use
the code which i pasted above i get german quotation marks in Lily
output)

cheers,
Janek