Re: non standard key signature question

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: non standard key signature question
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:53:42 +0000 (UTC)

corallina <corallina <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am working through a guitar book based on middle eastern forms
> the author uses a key signature for the example modes which is
> a combination of two flats  (key b flat) and one sharp (key g)

You can build key signatures by hand as David suggested, but it might be
more clear if you define the modes, analogous to \major and \minor,
commonly used in the book.

harmonicMinor = #`(
    (0 . ,NATURAL)
    (1 . ,NATURAL)
    (2 . ,FLAT)
    (3 . ,NATURAL)
    (4 . ,NATURAL)
    (5 . ,FLAT)
    (6 . ,NATURAL) ; 7th is *not* lowered in c\harmonicMinor
)
\relative c'  {\key g\harmonicMinor g a bes c d es fis g}