Re: programming error: cyclic dependency

From: Peter O'Doherty
Subject: Re: programming error: cyclic dependency
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 10:03:28 +0200

On 04/28/2012 07:51 PM, address@hidden wrote:
On 28 avr. 2012, at 19:48, Peter O'Doherty wrote:

Hi list,
After updating my system to Ubuntu 11.10 (although I can't see why this is
relevant but this is the only change I've made to the system recently), code
which previously output no error is full of these errors:

warning: programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
encountered for #'positions (Beam)

I don't see anything strange in the final pdf file so is this warning to be
ignored?

Many thanks,
Peter
Lots of work was done in beams in 2.13 and 2.15.
If you could send a minimal example (of one beam, say) and the version number,
it'll be easy to ID if the problem has been fixed in more recent versions.
But this is a problem - it means that beam positions are being calculated to
early in the LilyPond compilation process.

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 and the error messages are gone. Don't quite understand that one.
Thanks,
Peter

--
->  Peter O'Doherty