Re: Lilypond 2.16 fedora 17

From: James
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.16 fedora 17
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:59:31 +0100

Hello,

On 30 April 2012 10:16, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2012/4/30 James <address@hidden>:
>> Martin,
>>
>> On 29 April 2012 17:28, Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Any chance Lilypond 2.16 will be accepted in Fedora 17 ?
>>
>> You need to talk to the/a Fedora Maintainer to get them to package it.
>
> No Fedora maintainer can package LilyPond 2.16 if it has not been
> released, right? And it hasn't.

Yes but I took that to mean that *when* it is released can it be
included in Fedora.

We wouldn't (I assume) want to package an unstable release and we are
obviously(?) not going to do stuff on 2.14.2 with a RC for 2.16 around
the corner. So actually it would seem logical to ask this specific
question, perhaps phrased as

'Any chance 'that the forthcoming' Lilypond 2.16 will be accepted in Fedora 17'

;)

As the acronym goes:

FTFY

James