Re: Lilypond 2.16 fedora 17

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.16 fedora 17
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:54:53 -0400

Quoting James <address@hidden>:

'Any chance 'that the forthcoming' Lilypond 2.16 will be accepted in Fedora 17'

Fedora 17 packages Lilypond 2.15.29 currently. In my understanding, it means that the maintainer believes that a new stable version of Lilypond will be released before or shortly after Fedora 17. I'm sure Lilypond 2.16 would be packaged quickly once it's released because, the maintainer is betting that it will be.

I tried the version packaged in Fedora 17 on one of the scores and found it utterly broken (bogus barchecks everywhere), so I upgraded to the git version of Lilypond. But I would gladly use 2.16 at least on some systems once it's available in Fedora.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin