Pondings

From: address@hidden
Subject: Pondings
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 07:15:48 +0200

Hey LilyPond users,

On the LilyPond website's upper righthand corner, we'll be starting in a few
days a "Pondings" column.  This column will house a rotating cast of
tweet-sized messages about LilyPond-related projects.  Anyone can submit a
Ponding, and I encourage you to do so!

Three ground rules:

1)  Keep it pertinent.  A ponding needs to be something that makes LilyPond
look good - a concert featuring LilyPond typeset works, pedagogy about
LilyPond, published articles/theses, conference about LilyPond, blog about
LilyPond, a website that uses LilyPond somehow, etc..
2)  Keep it profanity-free.
3)  Keep it informational.  No calls to action (i.e. come see concert X, donate
to tour Y) aside from "click here to read more" or "check it out".  This does
not mean that a linked site cannot have donation buttons, ticket sales, or be
housed on a ticket/donation site (i.e. Ticketmaster, Kickstarter).  But the
content of the tweet and linked material should provide information and
generally create a positive vibe around LilyPond.

I'm in charge of maintaining this corner, so send me your Pondings (anything in
valid HTML is fine - make sure its tweet-sized) and I'll put them up on the
site!

Cheers,
MS