Re: Controlling slur engraver

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Controlling slur engraver
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 04:05:50 +0200

Am 01.05.2012 18:40, schrieb Phil Holmes:
In that period, I would have certainly expected most composers to be
using slurs. Mozart certainly was, as evidenced by lots of his
manuscripts. Gardner Read (page 265) says that they were commonly used
in 17th and 18th century music, placing them over two notes of short
duration to indicate accentuation. He also says that it was commonly
used in the eighteenth century to indicate legato.

Finally I talked to my "customer", who asked for the slur-less version. Now the requirement has changed. She only wants the harp voice to have no slurs. Good that I have not removed any slur but suppressed it in the output.

Thanks for all the help regarding use of Lilypond and notation praxis.

Regards,
Helge