Re: Clickable table of contents

From: Nils
Subject: Re: Clickable table of contents
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 19:57:46 +0200

On Fri, 04 May 2012 17:14:38 +0200
Álex R.  Mosteo <address@hidden> wrote:

> Álex R. Mosteo wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I've just recently started to use Lilypond. I'm interested in generating a
> > PDF with links from the ToC to each song (for use in a ebook reader).
> >
> > I've managed to generate the ToC (manually) using the instructions in the
> > manual:
> > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Table-of-
> contents
> >
> > What I don't manage at all, and seem unable to find references to, is to
> > enable hyperlinking. In latex I would simply include the hyperref package.
> > This seems so straightforward that I think that I'm missing something
> > obvious.
> >
> > Thanks for any pointers.
>
> I think now that the way is to use lilypond-book. Although if there were a
> simpler way it would be nice to know. Thanks!
>
> Alex.
>

> > I would also be interested on how to get automatically a ToC entry for
> > each song, I'm currently doing it like this:
> >
> > \tocItem \markup "Author - Song"
> > \bookpart {
> >   \header { title="Song" subtitle="Author" }
> >
> > which causes some nagging duplication. But this is secondary anyway.
> >
> > Thanks!

If you are creating a songbook, a notation editon or anything except(!) a book
with mostly text plus some music examples I would advise you to not use
lilypond book (the Latex interface, not the \book lilypond command).

It does not know anything about system/staff spacing so your songbook will
eventually look like crap.

I am in search as well. In search of a good way to combine mostly notation,
spanning multiple pages in one piece, and adding editorial notes, introduction,
a text chapter or subtext here and there. But it does not work with lilypond
book.

Maybe the right way is to export to a scalable format (svg, ps) with border
size zero, without page numbers, footers, copyright notice and all that and
embed those pure-notation pages into a text canvas.

This way you get at least correct staff spacing and page breaks where you
wanted them. And you can work and edit in pure Lilypond for a good preview and
work enviroment without worrying that your layout changes once you add the
"book" parts.

Nils