Re: seeking tips for transcribing a modernist score

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: seeking tips for transcribing a modernist score
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 18:44:14 +0200

On 5 mai 2012, at 18:40, David Kastrup wrote:

> Justin Glenn Smith <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> attached is a photo of the bizarre measure in question (it also shows
>> my follow up question, the pair of triplets containing a note that is
>> a member of both triplets)
>

> \new Voice {
> \time 8/6
> \times 2/3 { fis'4 gis' eis' }
> << \times 2/3 { g'4 des' e' }
>    \new Voice { s2*2/3 \override TupletBracket #'direction = #DOWN
>                 \override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t
>                 \times 2/3 { e'4 d' b } }
>>>

> }

I came up with more or less the same thing:

{
 \time 8/6
 \times 2/3 { a4 a a }
 << { \times 2/3 { a a a } } \\
 {
   \override TupletBracket #'direction = #DOWN
   \stemUp s4*2/3 \times 2/3 { \hideNotes a4 \unHideNotes a a } }

}

As for the rest, you can override the stencil with a markup that makes a sort
of rest-sandwich between 5 and 6 bread.

Cheers,
MS