Re: parenthesizing only part of an articulation

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: parenthesizing only part of an articulation
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 14:31:12 +0200

Am 05.05.2012 23:20, schrieb Urs Liska:
Am 05.05.2012 23:08, schrieb Eluze:

Am 05.05.2012 13:22, schrieb Urs Liska:
Thanks, this works (don't know why I didn't find out myself ...)
I had to tweak extra-offset instead of padding, because the tenuto is also misplaced horizontally (maybe it's aligned to the left bracket instead of the staccato).

Best
Urs

personally I try to avoid extra-offset…

at a first glance I also thought the tenuto is not centered correctly - but then I magnified the pdf/png file and it looked much better (maybe an optical illusion due to the inclination of the note head?) - did you try to print the result? how does this look?
Well, I know that extra-offset isn't for everyday use ;-)
But with -\tweak #'extra-offset #'( 0.35 . 0.4 ) I get the result I have attached - and I think that's just right ...

thanks for the picture - now only I understand what's going on and why you had to adjust the horizontal alignment:

you have a \voiceOne situation where the articulations are written in the same direction as the stem - and the staccato is not centered here (deliberately?) but closer to the stem. in "normal" situations - when the the script is opposite to the stem - it is centered on the notehead!

Eluze