Re: Pondings

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Pondings
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 13:19:19 +0200

I don't think we should filter out anything below a Bärenreiter publication ;-)

The point is to show what Lilypond is good and valuable for.

So I'd say (but I'm not responsible for this):
Anything that is in some way public (and possibly even linkable) qualifes immediately.
Private use may also be useful for this purpose.
If you can say: my church choir can sing better from LilyPond scores, it's a perfect advertisment for downloading lilypond, isn't it?
And I'd estimate a statement like 'I use LilyPond for my analyzes because I can use style sheets to mark my results' also a valuable contribution.
But as mentioned, I'm not responsible for this, so (all out there) get in touch with Mike ...

Best
Urs

Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> schrieb:
2012/5/7 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:

> And I really stronly suggest, that - in addition to discussing the technical
> aspects - people think about submitting entries to Mike.
> I can't imagine that there aren't quite a few 'tweetable' projects out
> there.
> And I would consider it a very contraproductive 'statement' if it would
> remain a list of only two projects ...

Would you "tweet" about a small LilyPond song score in a church magazine?
That’s one of my regular uses, and I consider it "too minor".

My other "main use" are song sheets/booklets for my private pleasure,
and since they contain mostly copyrighted songs, I can’t publish them,
unfortunately.
And I guess a lot of other users have similar problems – how much
sense makes a tweet about some unspectacular internal use of LilyPond?

Greetlings, Hraban

lilypond-user mailing list