Re: (somewhat OT:) lilypond calling bash script questions

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: (somewhat OT:) lilypond calling bash script questions
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 11:36:27 +0200

On 8 mai 2012, at 11:31, Urs Liska wrote:

> Please excuse if I post a linux question here, but I'd prefer not to have to
> find a dedicated forum and subscribe there first ...
>
> I have a project with more than two dozens of lilypond scores. For several
> reasons I have them in individual files which I can't \include in a master
> file.
> I would like to write a script that allows me to compile all .ly files in one
> run.
> For this I need the following which I didn't find through Google:
> How can I sequentially cd to all subdirectories that start with a number?
> What I want is to do
>
> cd 01_01_...
> lilypond *.ly
> cd ..
> cd 01_02_...
> ..
>
> in a form like

I only speak Python, but I can help you there

import subprocess

NUMBER_OF_DIRS = 10

for x in range(NUMBER_OF_DIRS) :
  subprocess.call("lilypond *.ly", shell=True, cwd="01_"+("%.2d" % x)+"_foobar")

Note that I haven't tested the above, so I can't guarantee it works and you'd
have to adapt it to your individual case.

Cheers,
MS