Adjustment to tablature output

From: Christopher Webster
Subject: Adjustment to tablature output
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 10:48:59 +0200

Is there a recommended way of adjusting TabStaff output so that the note-heads (fret indications) appear _above_ rather than _on_ the lines representing the strings, please? This would make it more closely resemble English renaissance lute tablature, and I have a particular piece of transcription for which that is a desirable goal.

I've got as far as guessing that assigning a non-standard procedure value as the tabStaffLineLayoutFunction property of Tab_note_heads_engraver would probably get me towards where I want to be, but alas I'm too stupid and/or too ill-informed to see how to write such a procedure.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

            Christopher W.

Sweden.