Re: is shapeSlur broken?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: is shapeSlur broken?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 06:39:28 -0500

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi David,

2012/5/11 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:

> I don't have 2.14.2 up to test, but this all should work there provided you
> add the # before the string?
>
> So:
> \shape #"Slur" #'( ...

I was wrong here.  You can use \shape Slur . . .  there too.

I tested what's needed to make it work with 2.14.2 (therefor the
2.14.2-version-number in the file).
Well, you can boil down the main-function quite easily, but
`ly:input-warning' is not part of 2.14. Deleting the whole
warning-part would mean a considerable loss of functionality.

Here you can substitute ly:input-message (which doesn't stand out as well).

Just for the record, to make this work in 2.14.2, you need to add dollar signs before the variables in the music function. So:

shape =
#(define-music-function (parser location grob offsets)
                        (string? list?)
  #{
    \once \override $grob #'control-points =
      #(shape-curve $offsets $location)
  #})

And I didn't think about an alternative for 2.14.2, hoping for 2.16 coming soon.

Should be just around the corner!

-David