Re: Dashed Stem

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Dashed Stem
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 20:39:37 +0200

David Nalesnik <address@hidden> writes:

> OK!  This should do it.
>

>     Those functions using 'round-filled-box could be tailored to match
>     the capabilities of 'dashed-line.
>

> The rewrite combines both of the approaches above: it uses
> 'round-filled-box for the stencil, and allows you to specify the
> length of the dashes and the spaces in between the dashes.  The
> trade-off is that you may need to play around with the values to get
> the stem to end with a dash, or to end with a dash which isn't cut off
> too much.
>
> I incorporated the alterations that Harm made because I think they
> make the code clearer.
>
> I imagine the function build-pos-list could be done more elegantly,
> but at least it works.  Any suggestions for doing this more artfully
> are welcome!

I don't really understand the function, but maybe something like

(define (build-pos-list len on off)
  (let helper ((lst '()) (next 0) (on on) (off off))
    (if (< next len)
        (helper (cons next lst) (+ next on) off on)
        (reverse! lst (list len)))))

will do.  No idea whether this should have an even number of elements
always or not.

--
David Kastrup