how to stretch the bar width?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: how to stretch the bar width?
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:54:45 +0200

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in the archives. Guess I'm using the wrong keywords.

I'm writing a legenda for tablature and I'm using \markup over each bar to explain the notation. As you can see in the attached example, the markup blocks are moved vertically to avoid collisions. I'd like to stretch the bars so that there's enough room for markup.

I don't want to use spacer rests.
Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Federico