Re: how to stretch the bar width?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: how to stretch the bar width?
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 23:01:04 +0200

Il 13/05/2012 17:30, Eluze ha scritto:

Am 13.05.2012 14:46, schrieb Federico Bruni:
Il 13/05/2012 13:46, wjm ha scritto:

I haven't tested anything but try "Dialogue over music" in the Notation
Reference

NR 2.1.6

Yes, it helped, thanks!

It solved the collision problem, but there's still one thing I don't
like much:

- markup is not left aligned: \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X =
#LEFT is not working?

is there a contradiction - you want to left-align lyric texts and in the
same time you have a centered column?!
maybe \left-column or just \column) is what you want?

I want to use \center-column.

The problem is the different alignment of rehearsal marks and markup:

- in my first example I used rehearsal marks, which are aligned to the bars: I like them because they use all the space available over the bar

- in the second example I used markup blocks inside \lyricmode, which are aligned to the notes: therefore some space before the notes is wasted

See attached images