Page breaking question

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Page breaking question
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:17:05 -0700

I'm setting a group of hymns and I'm using the page turn breaker.
Often two hymns are set on facing pages with the second hymn being
broken over the page. If the second would fit on a page by itself I'd
prefer it to not be broken up and just leave some empty space at the
bottom of each page. Is this possible with any of the current breaking
algorithms? Below is an example of what I'd like to accomplish. I'd
like each score to be on a page of its own.

-----Jay

\version "2.15.35"

\paper
{
  page-breaking = #ly:page-turn-breaking
  paper-height = 9\in
  paper-width = 6\in
  ragged-bottom = ##t
  ragged-last-bottom = ##t
}

\header
{
  tagline = ##f
}

music = { \repeat unfold 38 c'1 \bar "|." }
staves = \new StaffGroup
<<
  \new Staff \music
  \new Staff \music