Re: Notating same part in two different mixtures of clefs

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Notating same part in two different mixtures of clefs
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:04:10 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Christopher Webster
<address@hidden> wrote:
> What's the most elegant way in which I can enter the notes just once, but
> generate two output scores - one with bass and tenor clefs, the other with
> bass and alto clefs?

what about separate voices for clefs?  something like:

<<
  { music }
  { \clef bass s1*3 \clef alto  s1*2 }
  %{ \clef bass s1*3 \clef tenor s1*2 }

you could also try tags
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/different-editions-from-one-source#using-tags

Or simply store the clef in a variable - that's probably the simplest method:

myclef = { \clef alto }   % or \clef tenor
{ \clef bass c c \myclef f' f' }

hope this helps,
Janek