Re: Testimonial

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: Testimonial
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:18:42 -0700

David Kastrup wrote:

> As long as you are not using external scripts for creating your actual
> source file, configuring your PDF viewer for point-and-click
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/usage/point-and-click>
> should do wonders for that.

That's somewhat problematic on Windows.  I wrote a handler script to
handle the URL from Acrobat, but it requires gvim coding as well, and at
that point I lost interest.

>> I still lose track of the relative octaves while I'm doing data entry,
>> but that problem is unlikely to be solved through technology...
> You mean like
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/changing-multiple-pitches#octave-checks>?

Yes, yet another good habit I should learn.  Hmm; perhaps I should write
up an article on "good habits of successful Lilypond coders", and open
it up for helpful contributions.

--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.