Re: Testimonial

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Testimonial
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 06:38:39 -0600

On 12-05-17 02:22 AM, Francisco Vila wrote:
2012/5/17 Colin Campbell<address@hidden>:

Janek has already recommended Frescobaldi, which is my editor of choice on
Windows as well as Linux. IIRC, you need to install cygwin versions of
ghostscript, but that was pretty easy.
What for? LilyPond (the noun) for windows and Frescobaldi (the noun)
for windows is all you need to lilypond and frescobaldi (the verbs),
and they are both installed from single-file setup binaries in less
than five minutes. I once did that before a talk to windows-only
attendees. Very successful!, Even I myself (not being a windows user)
was astonished about the quick, flawless way it went all.

Right you are, Francisco! I was thinking about Audiveris, a sort of OCR for music. As you say, Frescobaldi is much easier.

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.