Re: TupletNumber placement - can you improve this function?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: TupletNumber placement - can you improve this function?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:45:23 -0500

Hi,

today i've found this snippet: http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=646
The description says that it needs manual beaming to work, but i've
tried using it with 2.15.36 and manual beaming was not necessary!
The only downside i see is that non-kneed tuplets are positioned
wrongly, so one has to turn this funciton on and off all the time.  It
also doesn't support TupletBrackets, but these are usually hidden with
kneed beams.
Maybe one of you would be able to improve it?  It seems that we almost
have a solid solution for tuplet numbers!

OK, I got it to work with 2.15.38.  There were two problems: (1) calling 'Y-extent for the tuplet bracket and (2) leaving X-offset and Y-offset unset for the situations that the functions tried to ignore.  I tried it with the score I mentioned earlier, and no problems :) :)

You don't need to change anything for the snippet to work with 2.14.

-David