Re: Source management tools for lilypond projects

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Source management tools for lilypond projects
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 08:46:12 +0200

Il 19/05/2012 19:47, Bernardo Barros ha scritto:
On 05/19/2012 09:47 AM, Federico Bruni wrote:

If you want to keep the easy to use interface, you can use SparkleShare,
free alternative to Dropbox:
http://sparkleshare.org/

Free in what sense? Do they encrypt your data, in a way that only the
owner have access to it?

Free as Free Software (GPL).
SparkleShare is a software, not a hosting service (even though it may become also a hosting service, see sparkleshare.net).

You can put your git repository wherever you want: personal server, github, bitbucket (which has unlimited free private repositories at the moment).

I'm not familiar at all with SparkleShare. I started using it two days ago to share some files with a person who uses Windows and knows nothing about Git.