Re: TupletNumber placement - can you improve this function?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: TupletNumber placement - can you improve this function?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 09:34:01 +0200

Hi David,

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM, David Nalesnik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Janek,
>
>> today i've found this snippet: http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=646 [...]
>
> Just yesterday I was updating the score which was the reason for me writing
> this in the first place!!

Ah, so it was yours!  I didn't find any information about the authorship.

> Probably about a hundred cross-staff tuplets, no
> brackets, and a manual adjustment needed for each one of them...  Ugh.

That's the true LilyPond way: instead of fixing the same thing all the
time, write one fix once and for all - kudos!  I wish everyone
operated this way.

> The conditions in the function were designed to leave ordinary beams
> untouched, and also to ignore tuplets with visible brackets.  (In earlier
> versions of LilyPond, the functions actually would give OK results with
> ordinary beams.)

Interesting - that wasn't the case when i tested it.

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:45 AM, David Nalesnik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> OK, I got it to work with 2.15.38.

Amazing!
However, i see a weird bug - with visible TupletBrackets, some are not
left unchanged (see attachment).  The most interesting thing is that
this happens in 2.15.38, 2.15.36 is ok!

> You don't need to change anything for the snippet to work with 2.14.

Unfortunately, when i added some non-cross-staff beams an error
"Unbound variable: ly:tuplet-number::calc-y-offset" appears when i try
with 2.14.2.  I attach my expanded example.

thanks!
Janek