Re: Full bar tremolo with accidentals fails

From: Colin Hall
Subject: Re: Full bar tremolo with accidentals fails
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 01:40:06 +0100

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 12:08:44PM -0300, Marcos da Silva Sampaio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a tremolo in a full bar. I used the code below, but it fails
> and I got this error message:
>
> Drawing systems...lilypond: ../flower/include/drul-array.hh:35: T&
> Drul_array<T>::at(Direction) [with T = double]: Assertion `d == 1 || d
> == -1' failed.

Thanks for reporting this, Marcos. Your lilypond source has stimulated
a programming error; this is not an error on your part, but a flaw in
the Lilypond software.

Such errors are only reported by un-optimised builds and cause
Lilypond to report the error and exit, as you have witnessed.

Did you build Lilypond from source by any chance?

An official Lilypond release binary does not include these checks and
will continue past a programming error. This may well allow you to typeset
your music successfully.

It would be very helpful to us if you tried an official Lilypond
release binary on your Lilypond source. If it works, great, the job is
done. If it fails please let us know.

There is a known issue with tremolo which looks similar to your report:

Colin.

--

Colin Hall