Re: Volta repeat with different lyrics places all words on lower staff

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Volta repeat with different lyrics places all words on lower staff
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:41:09 +0100

Colin Jesse Kinlund wrote Monday, May 21, 2012 5:06 PM

> Thank you so much for the responses! Trevor’s solution was
> successful (using alignBelowContext).
> I feel like I scoured the manuals for this, and saw nothing of using
> it for this purpose — A.4.3 SATB with aligned contexts
> doesn’t really demonstrate why you’d want to use that construct
> over the example in A.4.1.

There used to be an example of alignAboveContext in the
Notation Reference, but it was removed, inadvertently I think,
during a rewrite of the "Aligning contexts" section.  I'll raise a bug
report about this so it gets reinstated.

> I’ll gladly write an multi-voice example to add to the documentation,
> if it doesn’t actually exist.

That would be helpful, but it needs to be as small and simple
as possible while convincingly illustrating the need.  Writing
good documentation examples is not easy!

Trevor