Re: \shape can crash Lilypond

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: \shape can crash Lilypond
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 10:28:45 -0500

Hi again,

The problem happens when the variable "function" attempts to look up the procedure for 'control-points.  Each override you do is tacked onto the front of the alist and so the key we're looking for-- 'control-points -- is pushed further back.  You can see what I mean by changing cdr in the assignment for function (line 20?) to cddr for one override, cdddr for two overrides...  This will "fix" the problem--provided the overrides come after \shape ... (The reason why cdr is used in the first place is that the current override of 'control-points would be there at the head of the list, and you'd get "calculation-in-progress" instead of ly:slur::calc-control-points or whatever.)  I'll think about how to fix this and get back to you.

Thank you for noticing this!!

OK, the solution is pretty straightforward: simply replace

(function (assoc-get 'control-points
                      (cdr (ly:grob-basic-properties grob))))

with

(function (assoc-get 'control-points
                      (reverse (ly:grob-basic-properties grob))))

Crisis averted! :)

-David