Re: How to catch the current height of a StaffGroup?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to catch the current height of a StaffGroup?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 21:24:55 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> #(define all-custom-grob-descriptions
>    (for-each
>      (lambda (x)
>        (let ((interfaces
>                (ly:assoc-get 'interfaces
>                  (ly:assoc-get 'meta
>                    (cdr x)))))
>          (set! interfaces (append! interfaces '(grob-marker-interface)))))
>      all-grob-descriptions))

It is probably tiresome of me to point this out, but tampering with the
global internal data structures of LilyPond is not a good idea since it
means that in

lilypond file1.ly file2.ly

the output for file2 is no longer independent from what happens in
file1.  So instead of making a fake "all-custom-grob-description"
definition that is actually not used, but as a side-effect replaces the
existing internals, maybe consider actually creating a separate modified
copy and use \grobdescriptions to embed it in the Global context used in
this file.

--
David Kastrup