Re: Video recording of LilyPond talk at Chemnitz

From: Jeff Barnes
Subject: Re: Video recording of LilyPond talk at Chemnitz
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 12:30:56 -0700 (PDT)

> Let me first tell you that a _separate_ and unannounced mail copy of

> something _also_ sent to a mailing list is considered quite rude since
> it more often than not forces the recipient to answer the same mail
> twice.

Point taken. Won't happen again.

> Please read
> <URL:http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DoesTheGPLAllowMoney>.

Yeah, I've read that before.

Just curious. If there wasn't a free as in beer version of a GPL software
package, wouldn't one logically expect a fork? How does GNU address that?

I'm just guessing, but there are a limited number of people who have the
knowledge and skills to maintain a fork. That argument, it seems to me has
limited traction, though.

Jeff