Re: How to cancel voice so ties are right direction

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to cancel voice so ties are right direction
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 21:48:40 +0200

Jeff Barnes <address@hidden> writes:

> This snippet illustrates a problem I'm having. The tie on the g is in
> the wrong direction after I've finished with the voice split. How do I
> get the correct tie direction? It looks like the \voices are still in
> scope wrt ties.
>
> Also, why did I lose the \relative c' after the voice split?

\relative c' takes a music expression as an argument, and in this case,
the argument is the parallel music << ... >>.

I don't see that you have a "wrong" tie direction.  Take all the
parallel music out, and LilyPond will choose the same tie.  If you want
to flip it up explicitly, probably the easiest way is writing ^~ instead
of ~.

--
David Kastrup