Re: how to enter notes quickly (midi keyboard available)

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: how to enter notes quickly (midi keyboard available)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 11:46:47 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Klaus Föhl

> I like the lilypond notation using \relative being concise and readable.
> Entering on a computer keyboard is fairly quick, but still it feels
> that playing a melody line would be so much quicker. In particular
> if one does not have a typing c4 d e f g1 style but c4 d4. e8 f8. g16 c,1
>
> What "better" methods exist?

I don't know if this would help you, but Nicholas Sceaux wrote an
interesting script to save keystrokes on emacs.  Looks like he hasn't
updated it in a while, so it may require some tweaking, but you can
see it in action here:
http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/lilypond/lyqi.avi

Here's what looks like the manual for all this:
http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/lilypond/lyqi.outdated.html

You can browse other related files here:
http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/lilypond/

Hope this helps.
- Mark