Re: Volta + rehearsal mark?

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: Volta + rehearsal mark?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 09:26:19 +0200

Hello Janek, rest,

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
> Out of curiosity: do you forget general rules of LilyPond syntax (for
> example where to place special characters like # ' -), or rather some
> special constructs (for example how to notate clusters or cross-voice
> ties)?

Nah, much worse than that!

- How do I set the files up so that I can have separate MIDI for
voices _and_ combined MIDI
- How do I get notes and lyrics into variables
- How do I do divisi lyrics (we usually have a 2-staff system, with
Tenor and Bass (_usually_ in an F-clef) on the bottom, and the Alto
and Soprano voices (almost always with a G clef) on the top staff.
_Usually_ the lyrics are the same for all voices, but when they aren't
it's hard to get right. Perhaps that the << \ >> construct could be
extended to enter divisi lyrics as well?)

So, basically, 'basic' stuff, but 'hard' enough to have to look it up
every time I use Lily (about 3 times a year...)

> I'm asking because we're going to discuss Lily syntax this summer and
> i'd like to know what exactly shall be discussed.

Ok, hope this helps!

When I do a new project (perhaps Wilbert's "Liedboek" project will get
me up to speed, although there are to be templates for just about
everything there...) I'll type up my problems to see if they can be
addressed.

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0