Re: Appreciation / financial support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Appreciation / financial support
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 19:46:24 +0200

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm attaching a couple of samples of today's typesetting work. The
> first is pretty well marked up. The second is mostly just the notes
> for now (needs articulation, dynamics and some adjustments of tie
> curves -- later). As in earlier work on this piece, it's kind of
> shocking how little tweaking I have to do, even for moderately complex
> notation.

"Moderately" complex.  Now there are people whom I am not an enabler
for.  Hardcore programmers.  LilyPond is already at a level where not
much is beyond the capacities of people specializing in dead languages
(actually, that is pretty much the same: people with the self-confidence
"if humans have been able to write this, I will be able to read it").
Composers and other Faustian entities.  People who will not tolerate
obstacles.

But they might have hopes of having their pupils write with LilyPond one
day.  Or even a secretary of resolute character and determination.

--
David Kastrup