Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 23:51:22 +0200

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was thinking about simplification like being able to put in a coda with
> \coda or a segno with \segno instead of things like
>
>  \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.segno" }
>
> and so on.  The more complicated the incantations are, the easier it is to
> get them wrong the harder it is to debug and the longer it takes to write.

In fact, the above method of doing this is not only unwieldy, but also
wrong: it doesn't tell LilyPond what this sign is (how it affects the
score, what should be played in MIDI).  We definitely need a way to
/express/ musical meaning in Lily syntax.   \mark \markup {
\musicglyph #"scripts.segno" } is just printing a nice graphic.

cheers,
Janek