Re: include user defined postscript libraries into output

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: include user defined postscript libraries into output
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 01:10:12 -0700 (PDT)

Carl Sorensen-3 wrote:

> On 5/25/12 3:03 AM, "ArnoldTheresius" <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>If you work a lot with postscript markups, you'll wish to have an easy
>>method
>>to include 'postcript libaries' (usually prodecure sets) into the PS
>>output,
>>which will be converted to PDF or other formats. Well, at least I do.
>
> <snip>
>
>>- Are there other PLATFORMs for lilypond, other then 'windows, which use
>>case-insensitive file names?
>
> OSX uses case-insensitive file names as well (at least internally)
>
>>- Can the translations of messages (warning messages) be added without any
>>compiler?
>
> Yes -- just use ly:warning to display them.
>
>>- Is this sulution worth to be added to lilypond development?
>
> I think this makes a great lilypond snippet.  I'd love to see it in the
> LSR.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl

Thanks for the answers.

I assume, the PLATFORM variable for OSX is 'osx.
I think, in the future I will list all my messages specified in scheme
routines in an alist, and use a 'select from alist by environment variable
LANG'.
I'm planing to upload this and some other snippets when the LSR is at
2.16.x.
I think, one of the gems is '\majorPrall' (and similar commands), which
replace the 'symbol to display' with a callback which returns a markup, thus
the accidental at the articulation is updated when the music is transposed.