Re: musescore lands sponsoring?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: musescore lands sponsoring?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:17:02 +0200

On 29 mai 2012, at 09:56, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Just to make sure you have seen
>

> http://www.opengoldbergvariations.org/b-sendorfer-sponsors-open-goldberg-project-providing-concert-grand-ceus-recording-technology-0
>
> Wouldn't LilyPond have been a technically superior choice for this
> sponsoring project?  What are we missing?
>
> Jan

We're missing consensus.  I think that if there were a SponsorshipMeister, not
unlike the BugMeister, we could do really cool stuff like this.  Besides the
monetary aid, this brings huge recognition to the community and gets a lot of
people on board.

LoMuS is already a great step in this direction - it took me 1 hour max to fill
out and send the application and as a result we'll have better skylines at the
end of the summer.  We already have a great piece of software that speaks for
itself - we just need someone (or a group of people) dedicated to contacting
people and seeking out collaborations.  But before that, as I said above, we
need consensus, and I know that there are a few people who don't want to see
LilyPond go in this direction.

Cheers,
MS