Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 00:02:28 +0200

Am 2012-05-29 um 20:07 schrieb David Kastrup:

If it is for easy user scripting: Lua. Flexible, easy to learn,
especially designed for that purpose.

Yup.  And fast.  And easily mappable to a different language like
LilyPond.  String or symbol?  Not a choice you need to make, there are
only interned strings.  List, array, hashtable, records?  Not a choice
you need to make, there are only tables.  And so on.

Both have in common that there is a big user base,

Lua does not have such a large user base.  More like a fan base.
Python, in contrast, is solidly mainstream.

I dream of a chimera of LuaTeX and LilyPond, that would be ideal for my not-only-musical typesetting needs...

Greetlings, Hraban