Re:Appreciation / Financial support

From: Heather W. Reichgott
Subject: Re:Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 21:02:27 -0400

I'd donate. As long as I know my donation is going toward Lilypond development, and that Lilypond users on the whole are happy with the nature and style of development.
(Reasonably regular updates to donors from the developer, with some opportunity for feedback on the main lilypond.org website, would do it for me.)
As the previous poster wrote about the other well-funded group, having a board of directors etc. doesn't guarantee that donations will fund development. It would not matter to me whether there were that kind of formal structure or whether I was donating directly to the developer.