Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 06:30:35 +0200

"Heather W. Reichgott" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd donate. As long as I know my donation is going toward Lilypond
> development, and that Lilypond users on the whole are happy with the
> nature and style of development.
> (Reasonably regular updates to donors from the developer, with some
> opportunity for feedback on the main lilypond.org website, would do it
> for me.)

Well, we have the issue tracker
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=1&q=owner%3Adak%40gnu.org>
and the code repository
<URL:http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git> and you can
read the "Investor Reports" in the LilyPond Report
<URL:http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-26#investor_s_report>
<URL:http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-25#investor_s_report>

which I send by mail to contributors as well.  The donation is not
specifically going to "LilyPond development" but covers my cost of
living while I do not do anything but LilyPond development (and
communication focused around LilyPond), as good as my skills and focus
permit.  I try making it a good deal, but am not always successful to
the degree I would like.  Sometimes small things take much longer than
they should, but the occasional big thing that would not get done at all
otherwise makes up for it.

--
David Kastrup