[OT] was "Re: Appreciation / Financial support"

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: [OT] was "Re: Appreciation / Financial support"
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:47:45 -0400

Hi all,

Just a quick name-dropping reminiscence here…  =)

> I don't think that the "last bugs" category can be
> closed while Donald Knuth is alive

In January 2009, I presented one of my mathematical papers at a conference in
San Francisco. Much to my surprise, at one of the other sessions I attended (on
the mathematics origami), Mr Knuth sat next to me. We struck up a small
conversation, prompted by me telling him that I referenced his paper in the one
I had just presented. Ultimately, I told him thanks — on behalf of everyone —
for TeX.

He seems like a wonderful man.

Cheers,
Kieren.