Re: besideCN seems to have stopped working

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: besideCN seems to have stopped working
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 21:08:48 +0200

Gerry Prosser <address@hidden> writes:

> David ... thanks, and yes indeed. And I run convert-ly on every new
> score I create with denemo, so there really is no excuse for not
> engaging brain on this occasion 8-)
>
> Thanks for all the gentle admonishments from around the community

Well, it is a frequent question about an invasive change.  And one
argument in favor of going through with it was that convert-ly actually
was able to convert a sizeable ratio of Scheme code automatically.

Since I spent considerable time getting convert-ly to do an
unprecedented amount of work, you can find me pointing to it frequently.

With this particular syntax change, "remove everything that looks like a
mistake" will tend to work as well, as someone else noted in a parallel
answer, and that actually was the motivation for the change.

--
David Kastrup