Re: how to underline or italic a single word in lyric?

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re: how to underline or italic a single word in lyric?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 17:44:45 -0700

Hi Kieren- Yes that helps-
but it isn't anywhere in the manual that I can find and even knowing what the snippet is called "Formatting lyrics syllables" doesn't produce a find and I had done a search through the pdf manual for underline and it showed different ways to use \underline but none of them for lyrics and none in a \markup like needed.
So knowing what one wants but not having a way to locate it due to special words is a flaw in the documentation at least in this case.  I know it's hard to work with (all the documentation work I did via Graham almost immediately disappeared).  But we 'should' be able to use common words to find something like this. No?

Anyway thanks again.
Jay

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi- please direct me to......
> I can't find how to underline a single word in the lyrics
> I'd settle for italic if that's the only possibility but I couldn't find either in manual or repository.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/snippets/vocal-music#vocal-music-formatting-lyrics-syllables

HTH,
Kieren.

--